Saturday, August 11, 2012

Style: Longwood Gardens


Top: Ann Taylor
Shorts: American Eagle
Scarf: American Eagle
Shoes: Frye
Camera Bag: Tamron

So today I drove out to Longwood Gardens with my best friend Emma (Hello Honeybee)! It was a gorgeous day and I wanted to test out my camera. I figured this would be the perfect place. I haven't been here in years but I'd always loved coming here as a kid!






Here's a shot Emma took of me taking a picture of her. You can see the whole outfit a bit better here since I'm standing.


Longwood is a great place to go if you love being outdoors. There is an abundance of outdoor gardens as well as an indoor conservatory that houses tropical plants. There are also meadows and forest trails you can walk along as well. My favorite part of the whole garden is the lily pond. I just think they are so pretty!



I think these giant lily pads are neat. You kind of want to sit on them...


I took a TON of photos (200+)! The above photo of the lily is my favorite shot of the day.



In addition to beautiful flower gardens, Longwood also has a lot of beautiful fountains. They put on a fountain-light show at night. 


There was also a good amount of architectural things as well. They had some old historical buildings and a tower you could climb.


The main outdoor garden had a lot of paths that led you to flowers and a vegetable garden. 


There were apples, pumpkins, squash and too many different kinds of flowers to name!

All in all, it was a good day filled with good photography practice, lots of laughs and gorgeous scenery! If you live in this area and love nature or photography definitely a place to check out.







No comments:

Post a Comment