Friday, August 3, 2012

Kids Craft: Dinosaurs

I will occasionally be posting some of the crafts I've done at work this past summer. Last week was a dinosaur themed week. I wanted to do something a littler more creative than just having the kids color dinosaurs. I did a little research and found this. I decided to make these, but change it up slightly. We also made dinosaur eggs to go with our stegosauruses.

To make the eggs you'll need:
  • White paper
  • Bingo Stampers (or a small circle stamp)
  • Egg template 

I love using bingo stampers with the little guys. It's pretty much mess free but still a good way for them to practice their fine motor skills. They just stamped away on the white paper and then I traced and cut the eggs out.



To make the stegosaurus you'll need:
  • Construction paper (I chose green but you can use any colors you like)
  • Ink to make the handprints
  • Dinosaur template - I used this one
To make the dinosaurs, trace the template onto construction paper. Then have the kids dip their hands into ink and put their handprints on the dinosaur's back to make the spikes. I added a little smiley face and then cut them out to put them on the classroom wall. 


I love how both of them turned out. The kids love looking at them and making dinosaur noises. ROAR! 




No comments:

Post a Comment