Saturday, May 10, 2014

Favorite Spring/Summer Lip Products


Now that the weather seems to (finally) be warming up, I thought I'd do a little collective post of my favorite spring/summer lip products. After swatching them, I realized that they are all in a similar color family (what can I say, I like my pinks and corals), but they all differ in texture and finish.





1. NARS Satin Lipstick in 'Tolede'
My most recent purchase of the bunch and my current handbag favorite. This swatches and photographs slightly more brown than it reads on my lips. On me, it's more of a rosey pink. It's the perfect springy, natural lip color. The satin finish means it only takes one swipe for pretty full opacity  and that it will stick around for awhile.

2. Urban Decay Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss in 'Liar'
This is another light pink-mauvey color. I wear this on days when I want something natural, with just a light wash of color and something slightly more moisturizing. I love that these aren't sticky or gloopey like some lipglosses can be.  

3.  Korres Lip Butter in 'Pomengranite'
A very old favorite of mine. These are just the best, as they can be used on both your lips and cheeks. They are very hydrating and can be worn more sheer or you can build up the color. Pomegranite is a sheer coral, perfect for the hot weather.

4. MAC Cremesheen lipstick in 'Ravishing'
Ravishing is more of a peachy-coral lipstick, leaning slightly more orange than all the other colors. This is the one that I reach for when I want a nice pop of color and something bright.

5. L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in 'Caring Coral'
Honestly, this is probably the lip color that I use the most often. It is a nice balm-texture, and it doesn't feel heavy or greasy. It is a super easy to wear coral, similar to Ravishing but much more sheer and slightly pinker.

6. Soap and Glory A Great Kisser Lip Moisture Balm in 'Juicy Peach'
This lip balm is an essential part of 'No-Makeup Makeup' days for me. It is a very translucent peachy coral color, that tastes just like peaches. The color fades rather quickly but it still leaves a bit of glossiness on your lips. I love how moisturizing this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment