Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Favorites: April 2014


As usual, I don't have a ton of favorites to share this month. There were a few old favorites that returned, and a few new discoveries as well. Let's get crackin'!





Style:
Warmer weather means it's time to bust out the canvas tote. I got this tote bag as a Christmas present and, now that the weather is heating up, have finally got around to using it. This one has a 'banned book' print, perfect for a lover of reading and books! On more casual days, I have been reaching for this gold I.D. bracelet from Madewell.


Beauty:
I finally caved and started playing around with the newest Naked Palette. The rosy-nude shades are perfect for spring, although I do find a few of them difficult to wear. Surprisingly, my two favorites from the palette are the two matte shades: Liar and Nooner. This lipstick has not left my handbag all month. It is the perfect rosy-pink-slightly-brown my lips but better shade.  




Random:
I know I'm a tad late to the party, but I grabbed The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan to take with me on my trip last weekend, and I absolutely loved it. I borrowed the second book in the series as soon as I got home. The mix of ancient greek mythology, action, and adventure, plus narrator Percy Jackson's snark and sarcasm, made for a story I couldn't put down.

My other favorite this month has been this Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt as a snack. I've been using honey-flavored yogurt instead of the plain greek yogurt and, simply leaving out the honey. It is a super simple (and yummy) snack, that tastes very similar to raw cookie dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment