Sunday, April 27, 2014

My Weekend Via Instagram

View of the Inner Harbor from the top of Federal Hill in Baltimore, Maryland

I spent this past weekend visiting my brother in the Washington D.C. area. These past few weeks have been crazy at work, so it was nice to just get away for a few days. I managed to snap some pictures of our day out on Saturday.






We didn't arrive until late afternoon on Friday, but we had enough time to head out and grab a bite to eat. We went to Chipotle, a sort-of fast food Mexican place, since we don't have one near where I live (yet). This was my first time there, and I really enjoyed it. We stopped on the way home for a little dessert at Pinkberry. I had hazelnut and chocolate frozen yogurt with some strawberries on top. Delish. Froyo that'll taste like Nutella? Sign me up!

Saturday, we headed up to Baltimore to explore the inner harbor. Our original plan was to go to the National Aquarium and then head to Camden Yards for a baseball game later that night. However, since the weather was absolutely gorgeous, we felt like our time would be better spent enjoying the sunshine outside.


We started things off by having lunch on the water. Maryland is known for its crab, so naturally, we went for crab cakes and crab man and cheese. I couldn't decide which part I liked best, as they were equally tasty! It was so lovely to enjoy good food, spend some time catching up with my brothers and watch the boats on the water.


We decided to try and walk lunch off by taking a stroll around the harbor. You could take tours of the boats that were docked or even ride little paddle boats around the water. 


Around the harbor there were many more shops and restaurants. My favorite place was called 'The Fudgery'. Not only did this shop sell amazingly delicious fudge (we went for dark chocolate and chocolate caramel), but they also performed live demos on how they make it. And when I say 'demos', I really mean show. There were tricks, audience participation, and lots and lots of singing. We were treated to a particularly lovely rendition of 'What's Fudge Got To Do With It?"


We took our freshly purchased fudge to the very top of Federal Hill. At the top of the hill, was a lovely little park and a playground, where you could see the entire harbor below.


Our last stop of the day was Camden Yards, the Baltimore Orioles baseball park, where we enjoyed an evening baseball game. I have always loved going to baseball games, so this was the perfect treat to the end of a wonderful day!

I really enjoyed my trip this weekend and wished I could have stayed longer. We are already planning a return trip for later this summer and I am very much looking forward to it!  

1 comment:

  1. so much tasty food! I am glad you had a nice weekend away.

    ReplyDelete