Friday, June 20, 2014

Washington D.C.


I took my first mini-vacation of the summer this week. I went with my brothers to Washington D.C. for a few days and had a wonderful time. We had a jam-packed day in the city, followed by a more chill-day in Virginia.





First stop on our day in the city, was the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. I have only been to a handful of many museums in the D.C. area, and this one was always on my list to visit. It is hard to explain the impact of visiting here and seeing everything inside. It is one of those experiences that is better seen than explained. Very powerful and moving.

 
After going the entire Holocaust Museum, we hopped back onto the Metro and headed over a restaurant in Capital Hill called Tune Inn. This bar was actually featured on episode of Diners, Drive-Inns and Dives. It was definitely your steriotypical 'dive bar' and the food was excellent.


After lunch, it was time head back on the Metro to check out another musuem. We made a quick stop by the Washington Monument on our way to the American History Musuem.


We did a quick run through of the American History Musuem, another one that I had never visited before. My favorite exhibit was probably the First Lady hall, which featured many of the different Inagural gowns worn by different First Ladies.

On our way out of the musuem, we managed to catch the unfolding of the American flag, followed by a moving rendition of The Star Spangled Banner.


Our last stop of the day was the Washington Nationals ball park in Navy Yard. I love baseball, and there was no better way to end the day than a good game and great ballpark food!

Our second and final day wasn't quite as hectic. Rather than head back into the city, we spent the day at the movies and did a bit of shopping (super excited I finally got to check out Paper Source). I can't wait to continue to do even more traveling this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment