Friday, May 30, 2014

Favorites: May 2014


I realize that I haven't posted much this month in-between my favorites post. I am planning on doing a lot of traveling this summer, so I hope I will have more to post about. Anyways, all my favorite things from May are posted behind the cut!





Style:
This is seriously my new favorite shirt. I grab it to wear as soon as it's out of the wash. I just love the eyelet flowers and the scalloped peter pan collar. Super adorable! Now that it is starting to get sunnier and warmer, I find myself reaching more for my sunglasses. These are the new Rayban wayfarers. I think these new ones are a much better fit for my face than the old wayfarers. Lastly, I have been wearing this necklace from Forever 21 a lot this month (can you see a theme with the scallops?). I found this a few months ago for like $7.00 and have just recently started wearing it a lot. I think this is a great piece to jazz up a plain sweater or t-shirt, without being too 'blingy'.



Beauty:
For beauty stuff this month, I have been trying out a new concealer. I love that this never gets cake up on the skin and it's not super expensive. Score. For blush this month, I have been using this Stila Convertible Color in 'Gerbera'. I may have swiped this from my mom's makeup stash. It's too pretty to not get some love, right? This just has a super brightening effect to the face, while still looking dewy and natural. For nails, I have been wearing an old favorite: O.P.I.'s 'Mod About You' . I just think this is the perfect color for spring and for the longest time, my bottle of it was sealed shut with some dried up polish. I'm so happy I finally managed to get it unstuck and can use it again!



Random:
My first 'random favorite' of this past month, is the app 2048. I blame my brother for getting me addicted to this game! The basic idea is to slide together different combinations of 2 and 4 until you make the number 2048.

I have also been loving the song above by 5 Seconds of Summer (I like their other new single as well). For some reason it takes me back to high school and it is just one of those songs that you want to play in the car, windows down, sunglasses on. It makes me excited for summer!

Lastly, I have been enjoying reading the blog Humans of New York. If you love photography, go check this one out! Everyday, the photographer, Brandon, photographs different New Yorkers and does mini interviews with some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment